Last Day to catch Congo Fashion week!
Congo Fashion Week will celebrate its fifth year anniversary at Pullman Hotel from the 12th to 15th October 2016 in Kinshasa and will pay tribute to the king of Sape, Papa Wemba with an exclusive show.
This annual event showcasing national and international Fashion designers has open a door to an industry which was dormant in DRC and created employment in the sector along the way with its activities.
The fifth edition is devoted to the late Papa Wemba, mentor and supporter of Congo Fashion Week, who passed away suddenly in Côte d’Ivoire on April 24th.
What you can expect during the week:
● 5th year Anniversary Celebration at Pullman Hotel during an exclusive evening on September 29th
● Press Conference on October 12th
● Fashion shows with 30 national and international designers
● Special tribute to Papa Wemba
● Special “Price CFW Beaufort” (Competition for the students finalists from ISAM university)
● Workshops and panel discussion on the subject of innovation and entrepreneurship in the fashion sector in the DRC
Congo Fashion Week is a platform created in 2011 to meet the needs of designers of Congolese origins, providing a different stage, unique and attractive to a sector that continues to expand across the African continent.
The event takes place once a year, showcasing fashion designers with their new collections to an audience in search of new trends.
Congo Fashion Week is the place targeted to professionals within the fashion industry, magazines, bloggers, buyers or mannequins.
CFW also promotes Congolese culture through different concepts, highlighting the Congolese and African traditional wear.
Congo Fashion Week aspires to international recognition as a cultural fashion event providing the best opportunities in the sector.
CFW CEO & Founder
CFW Co-producer & Media Supervisor
CFW Communications Manager
For more information on this event, please contact us at the following address:
Join REFASHION AFRICA